There is no such thing as a “perfect job,” but jobs that are in high demand tend to have some things in common, like good pay, a friendly atmosphere, and the chance to move up. In fact, many of the highest-paying jobs are growing quickly and paying salaries in the six figures.
Tuesday, research company Indeed put out a list of the 20 best jobs in the US for 2022. The report gave the most weight to jobs with a median salary of $75,000 (the average of the salaries listed in job postings for that role) and at least 25 job postings for every 1,000,000 people on Indeed. Indeed looked at these two things and the number of job postings for each position between 2019 and 2022 to decide how good the jobs were.
Four of the top ten jobs are in the health care field, and the number one job is registered nurse. In the middle of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the number of people who need health services is growing. This is because the population is getting older and there are more people living with chronic health conditions.
Here are the top 10 jobs in the United States in 2022, as ranked by Indeed, and the entire list of the top 20 jobs is available here.
1. licensed nurse
- The national average wage is $84k.
- Between 2019 and 2022, the number of job openings is expected to rise by three-quarters of a percentage point.
- One must have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in nursing and pass the NCLEX-RN.
- Average $118,389
- From 2019 to 2022, job vacancies are expected to rise 121%.
- Doctor of Optometry and National Board of Examiners in Optometry test necessary.
|How to Obtain a Work Permit in the United States|
3. Resilience engineer
- Average salary is $137,324.
- 2019-2022 job growth: 175%
- Bachelor’s degree and certifications optional.
- Salary Calculator: $82,015
- Between 2019 and 2022, job vacancies will rise 23%.
- Real estate market entry requires a high school graduation and real estate exam.
- Job openings will rise 83% from 2019 to 2022.
- In North America, pharmacists need a Bachelor’s degree and a Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
- 2019-2022 job post increase: 242%
- High school graduation or GED (not necessary), CLP and CDL (CDL)
- Between 2019 and 2022, job openings will rise 87%.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable above associate’s degree.
8. Nurse practitioner
- Average: $128,105
- 100x more job postings by 2022.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree with NCLEX-NP exam; ADN or BSN with NCLEX-RN exam. NBNCP passing score
- $113,722 annually
- 2019-2022 job post increase: 128%
- A Bachelor’s degree is recommended but not required.
10. Solar consultant
- At $121,329
- From 2019 to 2022, jobs will grow by 131%.
- Employers usually want a bachelor’s degree, but can accept less.
Recent IT cutbacks and hiring freezes may have lowered the sector’s position on Indeed compared to previous years, according to a survey. Indeed’s VP of global talent acquisition and HR analytics, Scott Bonneau, said demand for workers is “high across the board”