More and more young people and experienced workers are looking to work for the CCG (Gulf Cooperation Council, which includes Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates). Expats come from all over the world to this prosperous region, whether it’s because of the weather, the pay, the social network, or the new ideas.
10 reasons why people from all over the world want to work in the GCC
1) Active labor market – In comparison to many other fields around the world, the GCC labor market is extremely active, with numerous opportunities for recent graduates, highly qualified professionals, and all intermediate levels.
2) Larger-than-average salaries The average income in the GCC is typically greater (by multiples) and frequently includes a housing allowance and large bonus programs.
3, the level of compensation in the GCC will enable many people to swiftly accrue considerable savings and prepare for early retirement, in contrast to the earnings compared to the cost of living in Canada.
4) Wages are exempt from taxation You can keep every cent of your salary thanks to the generous compensation plans offered by the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
5) Consistent weather: The GCC is usually hot and dry all year long, which is a nice change from places with four seasons or wet and cold weather.
6) Rapidly changing corporate culture – The GCC region is brimming with innovation, as government and private sector investments provide more and more opportunities in technology, engineering, energy, and a variety of other sectors.
7) Adventure: Expats can use their free time to visit places near their home that tourists pay a lot of money to see.
8) Extensive social network – The expatriate population in major cities such as Dubai, Riyadh, and other regions is large, and there are many social connections and lively activities available.
9) English is widely spoken. Since English is the business language and most people in the GCC speak it, there is no need to learn mother tongues.
10) Familiar products in shopping malls: You can get all the familiar products you can get at home, like trendy brand gourmet coffees, in the GCC. You can also get a wide range of local products and food at great prices.